Neighborhood Issues Reporter
Evansville Courier & Press
June 2018 - Present
I cover City Council, County Council, Commissioners, and the Evansville Vanderburgh School Corp.
Covers a range of topics (e.g. breaking news, education, health, trending topics, neighborhood issues, city and county governments) with a circulation of 150,000 readers
Composes five to eight local government and education stories per week with a strong digital focus
Analyzed the City of Evansville’s multi-year audits and discovered inadequacies in the cash flow
Recorded video and wrote about President Donald Trump’s 2018 visit to Evansville which resulted in excess police overtime
Selected as a 2019 Depaul University FOIA Fellow
Community Engagement Coordinator
Step Forward NLA/ The Community Foundation of North Louisiana
April 2017- Present
Secured more than $8,000 in donations within 24-hours through Give For Good 2018 promotional emails and social media posts
Designed, edited and distributed 15 detailed eNewsletters with videos and photos via Constant Contact
Assisted in writing three foundation grant proposals
Increased social media followers and likes by 500 with outreach via social media and public presentations
Edited and produced a three-part workforce development series for the purpose of reaching high school students and young professionals.
Cultivated cross-sector community partnerships with parish officials, school boards, community leaders and other nonprofits to strengthen brand awareness.
Recruited 200+ literacy volunteers for academic year 2017-18 through Facebook posts, newspaper ads, Twitter and broadcast appearances
Education Watchdog Reporter/ Multimedia Journalist
USA Today Network/Gannett
August 2015 - June 2017
• Composed six to 10 education, breaking news, and enterprise articles and videos per week.
• Improved mobile page views by 14 percent and desktop page views by 38 percent.
• Cultivated sources and built relationships with national experts in health, education and government sectors
• Investigated corruption in K-12 and higher education between four parishes
Indiana University News Net
August 2013 - May 2015
• Anchored weekly newscasts
• Filed 3 packages and VO/SOTS weekly
• Mentored journalism students in editorial and production software
• Assigned reporters to cover breaking news through weekly meetings
• Produced daily newscasts for local affiliate WTIU
WFIE-14 NEWS Intern
April 2014 - August 2014
• Produced and edited VO/SOTS and video elements for reporters
• Produced live hits
• Crafted news packages
• Posted and shared VO/SOTS website and various social media platforms